Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Refashioning Old Clothes

I recently went to visit my best friend and she gave me a huge bag of clothes that she was giving away and I took some stuff, even though I knew the cuts/styles were a bit out of style and/or not quite my style. I love getting clothes from her because she also has a small frame so her clothes fit me better. :)

As I was trying on clothes this afternoon I saw a lot of potential in certain outfits that didn't fit me that well or were out of style. By simply cutting away certain parts of the clothes I gained 3 new pieces and 2 scarves! I love it when ideas come out well!!

Project 1: took about 2 minutes to cut off the top! Be very careful when you cut and cut as close to the edge as possible. 

The dress with the top attached. The top was a bit small for me but I loved the crocheted waist band!

No top! Now I can wear it with different tops. Need to fix the hem though..it is starting to come out.

Project 2: took about 2 minutes as well! I might add some buttons/buttonholes or edge it with lace..not sure yet. If you look really close you can kind of tell the edges were cut off but most people won't notice it! :) And I have been looking for a cream sweater and a cream soft scarf is also pretty awesome!

The sweater with all the extra draping..out of style and sort of old momish.

The new and improved version! Looks like a normal cream sweater.

And I got a scarf to wear as well!






Project 3: took another 2 minutes, had a few minor mis-cuts but they can be easily fixed!

Cute sweater with cowl neck..not quite in style anymore and again, old momish

even cuter! and just what I have been looking for, more simple sweaters :)

And I have an infinity scarf..but since it is only 1 loop I might add a necklace and make it a scarf necklace combo :)


No comments:

Post a Comment