Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

50 cent scarves!

I have been visiting two different swap meets quite often in the past few months...I think I go at least once a week! There are so many cute, unique finds and this past week I found some super cute chiffon fabric that would look great as scarves!

The cream scarf with pink and purple flowers was $2 a yard but I asked for 2 feet. I should have gotten 2 yards so the length would be better 72" vs 60" but oh well. After trying on the scarf more I decided that 2 feet was a bit too wide so I cut in half and made two! Which made one scarf cost 50 cents! :) Love deals!

The mint scarf with stripes and mini polka dots was $1 for the whole piece, which was 60"L x 40" W. I also cut this piece into two and am giving one scarf to my boss since she loved the print.

After making several scarves I have decided that the ideal size for a scarf, for me, is 72"L x 18" W. The longer length allows me to be more versatile in how I tie it and the width is ideal for the fluffiness. I prefer it to be more fluffy vs too skinny. If I make the scarves longer I will have to always purchase 2 yards of fabric, which costs more but in the end I think its worth it...and I have 1-2 extra to give away or sell!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the prints and the price! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment