Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Utensil Sacks

As mentioned in my cloth napkins post we have a set of reusable dishes and utensils that we bring to parties. I recently bought a plastic container from target.com to hold all of it since we were just using a cardboard box. Since the container was nicer I wanted to also upgrade the way we carry the utensils. They come in a ziploc type of bag but I wanted it to be cuter so I decided to make cloth sacks for them. I also wanted to write "forks", "knives" and "spoons" for each bag and tie it with a lace string. Each sack can hold 40 utensils. 




Materials
-three pieces of cloth 8"x28"
-three pieces of lace 24" long 

Directions
1. After cutting each piece of cloth, hem the both sides of the cloth (width)
2. Fold in half and sew the edges together (length)
3. Stitch or write "forks", "knives" and "spoons" on the respective bags

No comments:

Post a Comment