Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Cloth Napkins

Cloth napkins are a simple way to make the dinner table look cuter but it also saves money and reduces trash since we no longer have to buy paper napkins. I love the color blue so when I saw these flour sacks in different shades of blue I knew I wanted these to be our cloth napkins. These napkins are pretty easy to make and the part that is the most time consuming is the hemming, but it is worth it*! It looks nicer and will last longer since the threads won't start unraveling. They also match with our blue reusable dishes that we bring to parties. We bought our reusable plastic dishware and utensils from preserveproducts.com

Materials
-6 20”x30” Now Design Flour Sack Towels, Set of 6 (Indigo)


Directions  
1. Cut the hem off  (I wanted all of my napkins to be exactly the same size but you could leave the hem on and save some time hemming those edges)
2. Cut eight 7"x7" squares out of one of the flour sack towels and do the same for the remaining 5 towels.
3. Hem all 48 napkins
4. Wash them before using, to soften and clean

finished product!



*The inspiration came from onegoodthingbyjillee.com, one of the blogs that I follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment